How can we improve Autodesk 3ds Max?

Spacewarp with Spline Based Control (Particle Flow)

It would be great to have a spacewarp that used a spline as it directional control. You could have the speed flow along the spline OR orbit along. Noise fields, falloff, would be a must (to follow the minimum current Wind spacewarp design) and taper/falloff/influence per vertex selection or using an ellipse per vertex would be great. bonus.

104 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
JohnnyRandomJohnnyRandom shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • MeliGMeliG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am out of votes, unfortunately.
    But yes, i would like to see this feature too.

• lsdinclsdinc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please!! That would be very handy for the type of work I do. I need lots of particles flowing in directions.

• m.rudm.rud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To be honest I was under the impression that this was already being worked on ever since Mr. Hudson joined the dev team, oh well, I guess we'll have to do this the hard way, lol...

• blentedblented commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love this feature, it would enable so many interesting effects that are tedious and provide a lot of great control.

• RobertFreitagRobertFreitag commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be just great, it woult enable very fast and flexible results with very little efford.

• robinsbrobinsb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be good if the spline could let you create a tube of particles along its length.

Feedback and Knowledge Base