Describe a <b>small</b> problem in 3ds Max that annoys you in your daily work. Please give the steps that show it and describe <b>clearly</b> how you'd prefer it to work. Please include a description!

max 2013: make isolate selection recursively

The "isolate selection" was changed with max 2013: Now it’s impossible to use isolate selection one after another to get deeper in complex models with many objects?

This is boring!

151 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
JensJens shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

34 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • FATdanFATdan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is an aditional bug created by this. When the user un-isolates the selection, the viewport does not remain as a camera view (if previously asigned). Instead the viewport swiches to Perspective view. Even if the redner output is locked to rendering a camera the resulting render is still the perspective view!
    I have submitted quite a few high res images for overnight rendering to find that I have rendered Perspective in the morning.
    The quick solution is to check before rendering but it would be great to fix this bug.

• FATdanFATdan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If it's not broke.... don't fix it.
    Even better, if it works really well.... definitely don't fix it!

Old style Isolation works really well. Revert please.

• bill nbill n commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why would you not at least give us an option to use the old method?

• lupaz77lupaz77 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I kind of like it this way better. If you do ctrl-q twice is the same as doint it once with the old script.

• DK-VisionDK-Vision commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sometimes it looks like no one at Autodesk works with MAX!
    Please give us the old isolation mode back!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear developers and marketers, please return the isolation as Max 2012, tearfully beg you, because it is impossible to work.

• tomestomes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the script is okai, but the changing from camera to perspective view is quite annoying.
    i use this feature very very often a day, and if you work with big scenes you need this behaviour to isolate isolations.

• ricric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

better the old behaviour....it could be improved...but not as it is now.

• jneilon1jneilon1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BGBG. Docking is not the problem. The problem is that when you isolate a set of objects, say 100 objects from 1000 objects, then you want to isolate just 2 objects from that isolated selection from the 100 objects. You cannot do this anymore. You have to go back to the 1000 objects to find those two objects. Very frustrating feature....

• BGBGBGBG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

do a lil research guys before going to do such step...
    this is more advanced flexible... (we asked to make dock-able in the toolbar)

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base